Concept of Operations: Relating to the introduction of a Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record System
3.2.3 Participant details
As part of the registration process, the individual will be given the option of recording details about themselves. These details include:
- Contact details, including preferred contact phone number(s), mailing address and email address.
- Details about a person to contact in an emergency, including name, relationship (e.g. parent, guardian, family member, carer, support worker, case manager, other), contact phone number(s) and email address.
- Details about other contacts, including name, relationship (e.g. parent, guardian, family member, carer, support worker, case manager, other), contact phone number(s) and email address.
- Information about whether an individual requires an interpreter and whether languages other than English are spoken at home.
- Information about the custodian of any advance care directives, including name and contact details (if available).
- Preferences for the kind of notifications they would like to receive and where the notifications should be sent (see Section 5.5).
These details can be updated at any time, via the Consumer Portal. Authorised Registration Agents will also be able to help individuals update these details.
|Design notes: Advance care directives allow individuals to make choices about future medical treatment in the event they are cognitively impaired or otherwise unable to make their preferences known. The consequences of acting on an individual’s preferences, as set out in an advance care directive can be significant, sometimes final. At this stage, the directive itself will not be uploaded on the basis that, if uploaded, it would raise issues of currency or contain legal implications that are outside the scope of the current work. Future work will look at including the directive itself (see Section 2.8).|
|eHealth Site Notes: The Cradle Coast and North Western Area Health Service eHealth site will be informing the development and implementation of future availability of advance care directives within the PCEHR System. The eHealth site will also consider the policy implications of electronically stored advance care directives.|